Ane Agejo



Hi gals!
Today I want to talk about something different than usual! I actually started making this post a LOONG time ago with a different motive in my mind; that is to say how you would categorize Delyle Noir and DaTuRa!
This, I, Emi, have been thinking about a lot recently, as I have been feeling that it is not suited to "my" Onee Gyaru style!
I think when I started thinking about this, there wasn't a decisive name for the style of these two brands. But a few months afterwards I knew the name and the reason why I didn't feel that it suited me, the name of the style is "Ane Agjeo"!



Before I came to Japan, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED these two brands, I could not wait to get to Japan and get my hands on their clothes, especially this one skirt, that I of course bought.
But upon buying clothes from Lip Service and Rienda, I somehow started feeling not as satisfied with Delyle and DaTuRa. They somehow do not give off the same feeling as Onee gyaru brands like Duras, Lip Service, RESEXXY and Rienda. To me even though these Onee gyaru brands are "sexy" in a way, I feel they are more sexy in the mature sense, while DaTuRa and Delyle are "sexy" in the Agejo sense.

So today I want to talk a bit about these two brands and what sets them apart from Onee gyaru brands, and one of the reasons why I think this style is picking up in popularity.

To start off with I want to talk a bit about MA*RS, but those of you who follow them might have noticed that they have gone from being this:




To being this:




For the most part they haven't let go of crazy patterns, but it seems to be slowly happening, or at least toning them down, making them more DaTuRa-esque. That belt anyone? It's really obvious from where they take that inspiration.

This I believe is happening because Agejo is slowly "dying" and moving towards a more classier but still a flashy version of itself; Ane Agejo. As even though Agejo is loosing its popularity, its "values" and connections to Kyabajo still haven't been lost.
Therefore to stay alive as a brand MA*RS has begun to draw inspiration from brands like DaTuRa, as they have been picking up in popularity. I wouldn't exactly say that the inspiration they take from them are the clothes themselves per say, but more in the way of taking their brand and growing up to be on the same "shelf" as DaTuRa and Delyle.
In some ways it even seems as they are drawing inspiration from Onee gyaru brands!

Let's see what the biggest Onee gyaru brands look like in comparison to Delyle and DaTuRa.

First off let's see the difference in clothes, and then look at makeup and hair.

Delyle Noir


DaTuRa

Rienda


RESEXXY


Lip Service



With the clothes you can easily see how most all of them have some kind of patterns, but the Onee gyaru brands are more toned down and have a softer feeling to them, which is not the case with Delyle and DaTuRa as they really try to stand out with their color scheme and patterns.
Not just patterns, but also with pearls and bijou decorations on their clothes, all about the glamour. While brands such as Lip Service rely more on the accessorizing for a classy, complete look. Often more casual look.



Let's then look at hair and makeup from the shop staffs of these brands. 

Delyle Noir


DaTuRa


 Rienda



RESEXXY



Lip Service






For the most part Delyle and DaTuRa staff have bolder eye makeup, as in darker eyeshadows, bigger false lashes. Whereas Rienda etc. have more toned down makeup; lighter eyeshadows and often eyelash extensions rather than false lashes for a more natural looking look. Even when Onee gyaru have eyelashes, it tends to be more natural looking than Ane Agejo.

When it comes to hair, Delyle and DaTuRa are more glamorous, with heavier curls. More drama. While Rienda and its equivalents have looser, fluffier and more natural curls.

Like you gals can most likely see, the combination of the clothes, hair and makeup, makes the difference in these two styles quite drastic. But to clarify I still think Ane Agejo in a way can be categorized under Onee Gyaru, as I feel that it is in a way the middle ground between Agejo and Onee gyaru, if that makes any sense.

Just like girls that liked gyaru before have grown up and now dress Onee gyaru, girls that like Agejo and dressed as the style have now grown up and often started dressing as Ane Agejo, or moved in different direction. All of the styles that we are used to are changing and evolving, taking a new direction! I quite like the changes, as nothing can or should stay the same forever!

But what are your thoughts? Is this something you had been thinking about or did you all just think of this as the same fashion style?

FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM TWITTER TUMBLR | CHANNEL |

We have blacklisted links in our comment section so that they will not show up.
Please take a note and make sure all your info is on your Disqus profile for everyone to see there.
With love♡

You Might Also Like

0 conversations